Get released/stable versions
Go in the Download section.
Consult the ChangeLog file.
Get the current source code from git
git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/pcsclite/PCSC.git cd PCSC ./bootstrap ./configure make
- PC/SC Lite API (WinSCard)
- PC/SC error codes
- IFD Handler API v3.0
- PC/SC internals documented with Doxygen
See also Ludovic Rousseau blog about PC/SC and smart cards
Supported features and more information
- CPU efficiency
- Power saving
How to get support
- smart card reader driver name and version
- pcsc-lite version
- smart card reader name
- the output of the command "
- Operating system or GNU/Linux distribution name and version
- Smart card middleware name and version
- Reader manufacturer name and reader model name
- Smart card name
Then you shall generate a complete log.
- Kill any running
- (re)start pcscd exactly as described bellow:
sudo LIBCCID_ifdLogLevel=0x000F pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu | tee log.txt
- Stop pcscd (using Control-C) after the problem
occured and send me the generated
If you have general questions or bug reports you should use the Pcsclite-muscle mailing list.
First search the mailing list archives (old MUSCLE list archives). Maybe your probem has already been reported and solved. If you have not found a solution then subscribe to the Pcsclite-muscle mailing list and send your request to email@example.com.
The pcsclite project was started by David Corcoran. The main author now is Ludovic Rousseau.
See Subversion statistics for pcsc-lite at September 2010 for more information.
Copyright (c) 1999-2003 David Corcoran <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Copyright (c) 2001-2011 Ludovic Rousseau <email@example.com>
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
Changes to this license can be made only by the copyright author with explicit written consent.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Supported Operating Systems
- GNU/Linux using libudev
- GNU/Linux using libusb 1.0.8 and later
Mac OS X
Solaris has its own (forked) version of pcsc-lite.
FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, *BSD
pcsc-lite should work but is not tested by me on these systems.
pcsc-lite may have worked on HP-UX a long time ago.
Other operating systems
It may or may not work.